The electives below offer various subjects that are relevant on a case-by-case experience. These classes are important to build a CASA/GALs foundation of knowledge to increase focus on case related topics. Listed below are the specific case related matters for your continuing education that will be offered on the CASA Kane County Events Calendar.
- Abuse & Neglect Factors
- Addiction & Substance Use Disorder
- Advocacy Subjects
- Childhood Trauma Informed Care
- Childhood Development
- Communication, Home & Virtual Visits and Interviewing
- Court Process, Legal and Legislation
- Cultural Competency, Diversity and LGBTQI
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Abuse
- Foster Youth Care and Placement
- Mental Health and Well-Being for Volunteers
- Health and Wellness for Youth
- Older Youth in Care and Emancipation
(Continuing Opportunities to Refresh & Educate)
The foundation of effective advocacy for our CASA/GALs starts with pre and post training learning. Our C.O.R.E is designed to prepare and support each CASA/GAL volunteer in the important role as a child advocate.
- Abuse & Neglect Recertification – Course Training Refresher & Compliance
- Probate Recertification – Course Training Refresher & Compliance
- Optima Training – Refresh and refine your case management skills and ask specific Optima related questions
- Post Pre-Service Training – Course Training Refresher & Compliance
- Coffee Case Talks
- Fireside Chats
Continuing Education Common Questions
Contact Maha McDiarmid, Director of Training & Education 630-444-3106 or email at email@example.com.
Contact Maha McDiarmid, Director of Training & Education at 630-444-3106 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will work directly with the supervisor as a team and triage approach to meet your needs.