Older Youth in Care and Emancipation
These resources include information on helping older youth transition to the next phase of their adult life.
Articles & Documents
- Mental Health and Teens: Watch for Danger Signs
- Promoting Independence and Self-Sufficiency
- The Decision to Leave DCFS Care: Are You Ready?
- Extending Foster Care Beyond 18
- Working With Youth to Develop a Transition Plan
- Transition Training Presentation from CASA IL
- Getting Your Child Ready for Life after High school Transition Timeline
- CASA Transition Training Resources
- What I Carry By Jennifer Longo
- Grit & Gratitude by Crystal Lindsey
- Macro Perspective on Youths Aging out of Foster Care by Mary E Collins
- Emancipating from the Care of Strangers: The Experiences, Insights and Recommendations of Ten Former Foster Kids by Waln Brown